You May Be Depressed and might not even be aware of it, As India Is one of the Worst Hit by Depression according to WHO. Depression can lead to suicide which is the second biggest cause for people between the ages of 15 to 39 to end their life.
WHO has focused this year’s campaign on depression and their slogan for this year is: “Depression: let’s talk about it.” Yes, talking can help reduce the level of depression it needs to be embraced, understood, taught new tricks, and ultimately brought to heel, exactly like a dog.
These are the ten early signs of depression in your kid:
Symptoms of depression may vary between children; it may vary in the children of same age group. In addition, family history of violence, physical, sexual and alcohol abuse plays a critical role in the development of depression in kids. However, we can consider the following listed signs as the early symptoms of depression in your kids:
- Constant feeling of hopelessness in your kid.
- Drastic changes in sleep pattern: either very little or excessively.
- Change in appetite and weight: increased or decreased
- Restlessness or irritability.
- Lack of concentration, tiredness and low energy.
- Sudden outburst or crying.
- Loss of interest in school, studies and educational failure.
- Feeling guilt-ridden or shame faced.
- Lack of interest in activities like playing with other kids, extracurricular activities in home and in school, social function and events.
- Thought of death and suicide attempts.
- Start to take drugs or alcohol, if they are above age 12.
Courtesy : Dr. Sunita Yadav, Head Quality, Dalmia Medicare